Booms, busts and everything in between
Australia’s capital city property markets are experiencing very different conditions.
New property price statistics from SQM Research show our capitals can be divided into four different groups:
- Hobart remains Australia’s strongest market
- Sydney and Melbourne have bounced back
- Brisbane, Canberra and Adelaide are inching forwards
- Perth and Darwin continue to go backwards
SQM believes next year will be a better year for property than this year.
Buyer numbers have been increasing in many parts of Australia, for two reasons:
- The Reserve Bank has cut official interest rates three times in the past six months
- Australia’s banking regulator (APRA) has made it easier for borrowers to qualify for home loans
If you’re in the market to buy in the next couple months it’s good to start planning early.
Need a plan to buy a property?
Hit the button below to arrange a conversation with one of my loan specialists to find a deal that’s best for your situation.
We partner with over 50 lenders so you can find the perfect solution